Friday, August 17, 2012

Only 1,083,149 Seconds left....

So it seems we have organically and democratically adopted to just announce our tentative keepers. I am going the record here and saying that I need the final keepers by Sunday August 26th at 4pm. You can do this on Yahoo, but remember you have to abide by the rules yourself - Yahoo does not understand our complex, evolved brains. If you need access to the league archives, you can get it by clicking on your team, then on your name next to your team name, you get your Yahoo history. If you then click on last year's team, you can see the draft, your final roster,

This schedule gives me a couple days to make sure everything is kosher before THE DRAFT.

THE DRAFT
Date - Wednesday August 28th at 8pm.
Location - My house
510 Crest Ave.
Elkins Park, PA 19027



We will do the same thing as last year - online for those who cannot make it. I would like to get a count of who will try to be there, and also if there is any scheduling conflicts I missed let me know ASAP. We will worry about food/beer in the coming week.

I am increasing the dues to 75 at minimum to fund a trophy. I would go even higher, so we can implement Matt's suggestion, now officially titled the "It's OK loser, you're still better than some other people" rule, which would award prizes to 2nd and 3rd place. If you do not currently have the money for this, I will put you on an interest-free payment plan. This is the trophy I like, but you can peruse the website and nominate others if you want. This place is local and seems to cater to the FF world. I am accepting suggestions for the name of the trophy, and if we want we can add a league logo. Once we finalize these things, I will order it, get the engravings and have it shipped to Josh to proudly display until one of us pries it from his loser hands in week 16.

glorious. 


I was about to go on a tirade about signing up on Yahoo, but only one person has not yet, so tirade avoided...

Personally I am really excited for this year. It's an election year so I expect some heated political debates mixed in with football debates. I tend to think the league is mostly republican, but I am not sure, so I am going to throw this out here and see if there is any reaction...




He's so dreamy.....(swoons)



KEEPERS

Here are the Keepers people have stated as tentative thus far:

Jeff - Ray Rice (1), AJ Green (11), Cam Newton (10 - Free Agent)
Pat - Peyton Manning (10 - FA), Matt Schaub (11-FA), Reggie Bush (12-FA)
Josh - LeSean McCoy (1), Jamaal Charles (10 - FA), Jimmy Graham (11-FA)
John P - Rob Gronkowski (14), Darren McFadden (2)
Matt - Victor Cruz (10 -FA), Demaryius Thomas (11 - FA), Tom Brady (2 - so gay)
Chris - Aaron Rodgers (1), Wes Welker (4), 49ers (15)
John S - Arian Foster (1), Lessons on how to count to 2
Travis - not even registered yet
Nate - ?
Paul - ?

I will double check the rounds that will be sacrificed for everyone else when I get a chance to make sure they are accurate. Those not listed - you have a week+, but why not put something out there. You can always change it...


No comments:

Post a Comment